Ads Top

Highlanders pick up seasoned guard Tre Brewer

Photo Credit: Kiko Sports Shots
I feel I can bring it all to the table for Cape Breton.
The Cape Breton Highlanders have signed Tre Brewer, adding some veteran talent into the mix.

"(I am) blessed and grateful for the opportunity," he said. "(I am) thankful for the organization and happy to be playing for them this season. I was excited when I got the news and I'm really just eager to meet my new teammates (and) coaching staff and ready to put my best foot forward for this club."

The 26-year old combo guard enters the team with three years of professional basketball experience under his belt. He has played in several different countries around the globe, including Colombia, Bolivia, and Cyprus. In college, he competed with the NCAA Division I school Youngstown State and the Division II school Cal State San Bernardino.

Brewer arrives in Canada from Singapore, where he averaged 27.0 points, 8.2 rebounds, and 3.5 assists per game for the AMK Bravehearts in the country's top pro-am league. He led the team to the semifinals and earned all-league honors.

The California native also posted impressive numbers from all ends of the court with Al Ahli SC in Qatar's best league in 2014. Brewer averaged 13.3 points, 5.2 rebounds, 4.6 assists, and 2.3 steals. He won the Emirates Cup in Dubai during the same season.

Over the offseason, Brewer has continued to develop his all-around game. One of his main focuses has been to excel at his position through improved ball-handling. He hopes that he can be utilized by the Highlanders in a wide variety of ways.

"I feel I can contribute energy on the defensive, along with my scoring (and) shooting ability," Brewer said. "I feel whatever is needed to be done — defending, rebounding, scoring or cheering on a teammate  I feel I can bring it all to the table for Cape Breton."

The Highlanders play their season opener on December 27 vs. the Halifax Hurricanes at Centre 200.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.